6: Humans do the thinking and systems do the work. Nothing is stranger in an automated process to see a task assigned to a user that requires them to go online to another system, obtain some data, enter it into the process automation and pass the task along. Wherever possible the automation should talk to the other system and populate the data and transition the task and the human should not be involved. Humans are best when they are problem solving. The reason we are automating the process is get more time for the users to do their real job of managing the business. Let the software do the repetitive tasks.
Themes in my blog
Things I’m thinking about
- Change you can believe in: why change isn’t to be feared
- Do you lock the door when you go shopping?
- Sherlock Holmes and the mystery of the VW Emissions Code Cheat
- Taking the wait out of waiter
- I am a customer – I do not need any other title
- Gaming the system
- Apple’s quality is legendary
- If you don’t want me to reply do not email me
- 20 ways self-driving cars will change your life
- One repository to rule them all and in the darkness bind them
Things I thought about
From @kevinparkerusaMy Tweets
Tell us what you thinkClick here to take a brief 7 question survey to help me improve my blog. Thanks.