8: Use telemetry to inform your decisions. Once you have implemented your process use the data you are getting from the automation to inform your decision making. Do trending analysis on the data and look for new insights that did not exist before. Ask odd questions of the data and seek out new perspectives. Look for the extremes, the oldest, fastest, first, last and get to know your dataset’s boundaries. Share the data with your team and your peers and with the user management. And encourage them to do the same. Slowly an informed, data based, debate will emerge about where to take the system next that maximizes the organizational effectiveness and improves the top and bottom lines.
Themes in my blog
Things I’m thinking about
- Change you can believe in: why change isn’t to be feared
- Do you lock the door when you go shopping?
- Sherlock Holmes and the mystery of the VW Emissions Code Cheat
- Taking the wait out of waiter
- I am a customer – I do not need any other title
- Gaming the system
- Apple’s quality is legendary
- If you don’t want me to reply do not email me
- 20 ways self-driving cars will change your life
- One repository to rule them all and in the darkness bind them
Things I thought about
From @kevinparkerusaMy Tweets
Tell us what you thinkClick here to take a brief 7 question survey to help me improve my blog. Thanks.